The Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society was founded in 1926 and with over 3,000 members is one of the largest National Audubon Society (NAS) chapters in California. All our programs and efforts are supported by our generous membership. All donations to us are tax-deductible since we are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Please become a member if you would like to support our mission, learn more about birds and the environment, participate in our many fun activities, or volunteer to help with one of our numerous programs.
Our Mission is to preserve, to enjoy, to restore and to foster public awareness of native birds and their ecosystems, mainly in Santa Clara County.
To accomplish this mission we will...
- Promote scientifically sound conservation strategies for the protection of native ecosystems and demonstrate the value of conservation to the community.
- Educate our diverse community about the benefits of preserving and enjoying nature, focusing on youth education programs, public outreach, and field trips.
- Support research into maintaining, restoring and understanding native ecosystems, particluarly those of birds.
- Collaborate with Audubon-California, the National Audubon Society, Audubon Chapters, and other organizations to accomplish our common goals.
Our Yearly Accomplishments
We have a long list of yearly accomplishments made possible by our many generous supporters and volunteers. Help us continue this trend through the coming year by donating each year in our year-end appeal!
Our bylaws govern our chapter operations.
Updated July 2014
What's New at SCVAS
Important McClellan Ranch Construction Update: To all of our members, visitors and customers: Please be advised that both the main parking lot and walkways at McClellan Ranch Preserve will be undergoing major repairs throughout the Autumn. While the SCVAS office will remain open during this period, it may be difficult to get into the front office safely. If you do come to the Ranch, please be aware of the following:
1) Access to the parking lot is severely limited, and we strongly recommend that everyone park in the overflow lot at 22241 McClellan Rd and walk over the bridge.
2) The walkways and steps leading up to the main office and nature shop may be inaccessible at various times throughout the month.
If you wish to purchase items from our Nature Shop, and would have a hard time navigating the unstable surfaces of the paths, please call Cindy at 408-252-3747 - she would be more than happy to ring you up over the phone and bring the items to your car in the overflow lot. We apologize for the inconvenience!
Donating Benefits our Communities
Your tax-deductible donation allows SCVAS to increase the number of youngsters, many from low income families, that we reach with our local science education programs. Your donation dollars also support our many conservation efforts that make us one of the most effective conservation organizations in the Bay Area. We have many different ways that you can volunteer and donate.
How to Volunteer for SCVAS
Fill out our Volunteer Sign-up form or contact our Programs Coordinator at (408) 252-3740 or at email@example.com.
Check out our most pressing needs, plus our list of individual and committee opportunities.
Become a volunteer for conservation.
View our volunteer calendar.