Nature Shop and Library
Please stop by our Nature Shop and Library located in our headquarters at McClellan Ranch Preserve in Cupertino. While you are there, why not take a walk on the interpretive trail through the preserve?
Nature Shop and Library hours
Monday to Friday, 10 am to 5 pm
Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm
Our Nature Shop stocks lots of nature-related merchandise. All proceeds from our Nature Shop support the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society . For any orders or questions please call us at (408) 252-3747.
Our merchandise includes
- Breeding Bird Atlas of Santa Clara County - A species-by-species account of the 177 bird species that breed in the Santa Clara County. Includes an illustration, in-depth description, and detailed breeding map for each breeding bird species. 550 pages. Published by SCVAS in 2007. Buy online.
- Birding at the Bottom of the Bay - Revised Third Edition published by SCVAS in 2002. Buy online.
- Field Guids - a selection of bird quides and other nature guides, both domestic and international. We can help pick out a guide that fits your needs.
- Bird feeders - including squirrel-proof models (see our article about bird feeders) and models for specific species of birds. Plus the best bird seed and peanuts.
- Bird houses - commercially built models plus literature and books on building your own.
- For kids - story books, coloring books, and field guides. Plus stuffed animals and puppets.
- Gifts - we will have something special for someone who has everything!
- Clothing - T-shirts, sweatshirts, long-sleeved denim shirts, jackets, and more! Some are embroidered with our logo.
- Tote bags - go green with our cloth shopping bags!
The SCVAS Library contains over 1,300 donated books related to birds and birding, plus we subscribe to many bird-related periodicals. The library also contains files of bird site checklists. We encourage members to check-out books, including birding guides to take on domestic and international vacations. This is a valuable resource for birders who don't want to purchase a guide for every new place they visit!
Book donations are greatfully accepted.
Updated May 2009
Donating Benefits our Communities
Your tax-deductible donation allows SCVAS to increase the number of youngsters, many from low income families, that we reach with our local science education programs. Your donation dollars also support our many conservation efforts that make us one of the most effective conservation organizations in the Bay Area. We have many different ways that you can volunteer and donate.
Yellow-rumped Warbler © Tom Grey