2017 Birdathon Photos: Bald Eagle from the Freckled Face Flickers, Cupertino Creek Cruisers, Great Horned Owl from Ralph Schardt
What is Birdathon?
It’s our biggest fundraiser of the year! Donations from this fun event support SCVAS conservation and education programs all across the Bay Area. We are thrilled to have your support in protecting local wildlife and bringing more kids into nature. So grab a team and your binoculars and get ready! Birders of all skill levels are welcome! We'll see you out there!
Important 2018 Dates
- • Birdathon Kickoff Dinner: Saturday, March 24; birding begins at 4:00PM, dinner begins at 6:00PM (RSVP HERE!)
- • Competition Window: March 25 - April 29
- • Results Deadline/Donation Cutoff: Monday, May 14 at 5:00PM
- • Awards Dinner: Tuesday, June 5 at 6:00PM (RSVP HERE!)
- Read the rules! Learn what each team category means and what the requirements are for competing for prizes.
- Check out our teams! Figure out which team (or teams) is the perfect fit for you.
- Learn about pledges! Check out our Pledge Tips for ways to ask potential sponsors for pledges or how to make a pledge yourself.
- Register for a team! You have read the rules and picked your team, now it's time to register and get outside birding!
- Become a sponsor! Want to support Birdathon without leaving your backyard bird feeders? Sponsor your favorite team or participant!
- Submit your results! If you are a Birdathon team leader, be sure to submit your team's results so that you can compete for prizes!
- Win prizes! There are plenty of chances to win great prizes - attend our Kickoff Dinner (look out for give-aways!), compete in a Birdathon team, and then join us for the Awards Dinner (with more give-aways)!
Questions? Please email our Birdathon Coordinator at email@example.com.